Since data is crucial to most organizations’ operations, it must be preserved, protected and accessible at all times. For that to happen the cooling system should work properly from the day one itself. Setting up a data center is a cumbersome and an expensive affair, so to get everything right from the very first moment is crucial.
CFD analysis helps in verifying the HVAC/cooling design even before it is installed. One can make changes beforehand to save themselves from a breakdown or renovation cost. As it is expensive to do changes after the system is in place therefore CFD analysis comes handy when it comes to design an optimized and efficient cooling system for any such application like a data center.
A typical study would include:
– Exhaustive Analysis of floor space power consumption and heat load
– Cooling distribution airflow requirements
– Establishment of a baseline CFD model
– Calibration of the CFD model based on actual airflow and temperature measurements
– Solutions to cooling problems identified by the CFD model and field survey
– Thermography to validate the design claims